Dr John Ryan, Consultant Hepatologist, OUH held a haemochromatosis update meeting on Wednesday 24th of January.
The event was well attended and informative with talks from
- Mr David Head, CEO, The Haemochromatosis Society. Patient Support Update
- Dr John Ryan, Consultant Hepatologist, OUH Clinical Update
- Prof Hal Drakesmith, Assoc Prof of Immunology, Weatherall. Research update
- Dr Patricia Bignell, Geneticist, OUH Institute of Molecular Medicine. Screening for rarer Haemochromatosis mutations
- Dr Christina Levick, NIHR Research Fellow, OCMR. MRI assessment of iron overload