Rugby’s MP supports Society Autumn Raffle
Chief Exec David Head pays a visit to Mark Pawsey MP for Rugby.
The Haemochromatosis Society – which supports patients affected by genetic haemochromatosis (also known as iron overload disorder) is based in Rugby town centre. David Head, Chief executive at the charity said “I am grateful to Mr Pawsey for his ongoing support, and it was a privilege to be invited along to his office.”
The hugely successful Autumn Raffle was drawn on Monday 20th November 2018. With nearly 4500 tickets sold, the raffle forms a very important part of the societies fundraising activities.
Mr Pawsey said “Congratulations to the winners and thanks to everyone that bought tickets. I’m delighted to support The Haemochromatosis Society which is a growing charity and a growing influence as a national patient organisation tackling some very important health issues.”
The three top prizes – a 32″ flat screen TV and two lots of £50 high street vouchers went to society members Jennifer Lees of Exeter, Tina Allison and Ruth Chesterman. 12 prize winners were drawn in all.
- 22891 J.Lees 40inc Full HD Slim LED TV
- 07311 T. Allison £50 high street vouchers
- 00256 R. Chesterman £50 high street vouchers
- 07422 Betts Family ticket to The Roman Baths
- 29154 D.Hay Notts County Tickets
- 21683 S.Halfyard £20 Love to Shop voucher
- 13629 H. Jamieson Signed book by Mark Edwards
- 28452 G. Hope Signed and personalised book of your choice by Adam Croft
- 08339 S. Bradley A bottle of Champagne
- 00158 C. Haig THS packs including T-shirt, handbook and wristband.
- 09214 M. Peacock THS packs including T-shirt, handbook and wristband.
- 24426 R. Cunningham THS packs including T-shirt, handbook and wristband.
Tickets for our 2018 raffle will be available in May 2018.
When you buy tickets online your numbers will be emailed to you. If you would like us to post you the actual hard-copy tickets please tell us and we will do so of course.
Selling Raffle Tickets
If you would like a supply of raffle tickets to sell to friends, family and colleagues our behalf, please call the office on 03030 401101. Selling raffle tickets is a great way for you to help us raise the funds we need to continue our work.
Autumn Raffle 2016
The draw for 2016 took place on Monday 21 November. Winners were drawn from 5,000 entries by Cllr Mrs Sally Bragg, Mayor of Rugby, at the Town Hall (pictured above with David Head, Chief Executive at THS).
- Ticket 00157, Mr Gater, Wiltshire: 32″ flat screen HD-ready television
- Ticket 19968, Mr Hitchcock, Herts: Signed photo of Iron Man Robert Downey Jr
- Ticket 01145, Dr Palmer, Lancs: £50.00 Marks & Spencers voucher
- Ticket 00699, Mr Perkins, Bath: Pair of Sarah Spencer cufflinks
- Ticket 28361, Mr Connor, Surrey: Bottle of champagne
Consolation prizes 2016
- Ticket 10627, Mr Benzeval, Hampshire: Christmas mini-hamper
- Ticket 14620, Ms Gallagher, Merseyside: Christmas mini-hamper
- Ticket 11842, Mrs Curtis, Surrey, Copy of The Unintended Consequences of Iron Overload
- Ticket 19642, Mr and Mrs Johnson, Gwent, Copy of The Unintended Consequences of Iron Overload
- Ticket 05927, Ms Wilson, Beds: Blue-Ray film Iron Man
The Small Print
The Haemochromatosis Society draw is registered with Rugby Borough Council.
The 2016 draw was made on Monday 21 November 2016 in Rugby, Warwickshire.
The 2017 draw will be made on Monday 27 November 2017 in Rugby, Warwickshire.
Proceeds after the cost of prizes and the printing/distribution of tickets are allocated to the charity’s general funds.