Published 27 Feb 2018
Updated 14 Mar 2018
As required under the society’s constitution, paid-up and life members of The Haemochromatosis Society are hereby advised that the society’s 2018 Annual General Meeting will be held as follows:
Venue: The Novotel Hotel and Conference Centre, Paddington, W2 6BD
Date: Saturday 14 April 2018
Time: 16:00 for 16:15; the meeting is expected to last approximately 45 minutes
Paid up and life members of the society are entitled to attend the AGM and vote on any resolutions that might be set before the membership by the board. Members can be accompanied by a guest but guests are not permitted to vote.
Please note that the AGM immediately follows the society’s annual conference. The conference is fully booked. Unless you have a booking to attend the conference, you will not be able to access the venue prior to 16:00.
Voting on all resolutions will be by a show of hands from the members present unless the Chair determines otherwise. A member whose subscription has lapsed may not vote (subscriptions can be renewed on the day if necessary).
A member who will not be present may cast a vote by proxy. Please call the office on 03030 401101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a proxy voting form. Signed proxy voting forms must be returned to the society by post or scan/email by 5pm on Friday 13 April.
- Welcome and introductions
- Trustees’ apologies for absence
- Chair’s opening remarks (Mr Howard Don)
- Resolution 1: To approve the Minutes of the AGM held on 01 April 2017
- Matters arising from the minutes
- Summary of 2017 from the Chief Executive
- Trustees’ Report 2017 (Chair)
- Financial Report and Accounts 2017 (Treasurer)
- Questions for the Board and Chief Executive
- Resolution 2: To accept the Trustees’ Report and Accounts for 2017
- Resolution 3: To re-appoint Hicks & Company as continuing Independent Financial Examiners for the financial year 2018
- Resolution 4: Continuing Board members; to endorse the appointment of Mr Neil McClements and Dr Roseanna Brady as trustees by the board in 2017
- Resolution 5: Retiring board members; a vote of thanks to Mr Howard Don, Mr Paul Hirons and Mr Nick Howes who have completed their terms of office and are not seeking re-election
- Appointment of Miss Corrina Towers as interim Chair
- Any other business
- Chair’s closing remarks (Mrs Corrina Towers)
- Event close 16:45
Queries and for proxy voting forms
Please call or email the office on 03030 401101 / email@example.com