This December sees the return of the Big Rusty Quiz! With a new set of questions and now available to download for free, it’s easier than ever to organise your own quiz night on behalf of Haemochromatosis UK. You can still order a pack from us if you don’t have printing facilities, just call 03030 401101
A quiz night is great for bringing people together, having fun, raising funds and awareness for Haemochromatosis UK.
Your event can be big or small depending on how much time you have. Why not make your Christmas do a Big Rusty Quiz Night?
Download our Quiz Pack 2018 and Answer sheet here (or if you’re a quiz whizz feel free to create your own questions.) You could add or remove rounds depending on your preferences. You’ll need to print the ‘Quiz pack’ once, this has all the questions and answers as well as the rules and a poster. Then you’ll need to print 7 copies of the answer sheet for each team, one for each round.
How to make your quiz night a great success.
- Choose a venue with enough tables and chairs for everyone. Your home, a school or parish hall could be great, or book out a section of a local pub.
- You’ll need to find a quiz master to read out the questions.
- It’s useful if you can get a helper or two, usually willing family and friends, to help you to set up your venue and collect and count the scores.
- Charge an entry price per team and limit team sizes to 4, 5 or 6 people.
- Consider providing a small prize for first place, a bottle of wine or box of chocolates will usually be sufficient. You may be able to get a local business to donate a prize. If you are quizzing at a pub, why not ask the bar to provide the prizes.
- It’s important to promote your event. Get your friends and family involved in recruiting teams. You could also put up the Rusty Quiz posters or put a notice in your parish newsletter/ local Facebook groups.
- You could run a raffle alongside the quiz.
- Email photos of your event to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can see what you’ve been up to!